How to start blogging and make a passive income:
What does blogging mean?
Blogging refers to writing, photography, and other media that are self-published online. Blogging started as an opportunity for individuals to write diary-like pieces, but it has been incorporated into websites for many businesses.
What is the purpose of blogging?
Blogs are articles written with the purpose of showing thoughtfulness and great knowledge towards a topic after a series of research. It is a great way to generate fresh content on a website and act as a catalyst for social media promotions to drive search traffic to your website.
How do I start a blog?
• Firstly you would want to start by picking a blog name.
• Get your blog online through web hosting.
• Design your blog, this must be the catchy part. You can use WordPress free themes to design it with the colors you love.
• Now that you got it. Go and write your first post!
• Promote your blog and get readers.
• More readers, means more traffic which is good for advertising and promoting.
What makes a blog successful?
Successful bloggers choose a topic and stick to it no matter what, not necessarily that you don’t have to go off-topic. Creativeness is within all of us but 90% of the posts must lie within the chosen topic. Writing consistently about the chosen topic and with a consistent voice and approach. As I said going off-topic is expected, but you must relate back to the niche the readers are interested in.
Why do people start blogs?
To most people, this is a hobby or an interest in writing. Basically, this is what blogging is all about, it is all about passion. The more passionate you are about it, it gives you have other reasons to continue. Hence blogging exists and has been around for a long time, it gives you reasons to continue and reveal the best part of you, you never knew existed.
Skills a blogger should have?
• You should have the knowledge and real interest.
• You should be prepared to invest in your business.
• You need to research your market.
How do bloggers earn?
Ads monetization: Offer advertising on your blog to make money. As the publisher of a blog, advertising can provide a healthy revenue stream for your online content.
Advertisers such as google ads and other agencies are willing to gain exposure to your audience.
Advantages of owning a blog:
• Enables you to write on anything that excites you.
• Easy to set up.
• Easy and quick to add new posts.
• Can be refreshing, writing refreshes right?
Disadvantages of owning a blog:
• Whatever you publish is available to everyone, if you write something in anger you might regret it later.
• Blogs can be time-consuming, finding time to research and write regular updates can become a chore, and that might be what you need for your blog to be successful. Remember we spoke about consistency right?
• People can be rude in the comments.
Social media has the power to make or destroy you. It all depends on the way you see it. There are many opportunities lying within these platforms we interact with day in and day out. From today going forward, take social media as a platform to find yourself and make something out of it. Happy Blogging!